A. For our entry-level roles, we typically look for 3-5 years’ experience in a related field or similar work-related experience. Also, checking our valued grantee partners job boards, they may offer entry-level jobs or volunteer opportunities where you can gain work experience in the sectors in which we work.
A. We’re so pleased the Gates Foundation is an organization you want to know more about. Due to the high volume of interest, we are not always able to conduct informational interviews. A great way to learn more about us is to read What We Do and what it’s like to work here via our Employee Profiles and our Culture & Values pages.
A. Currently, we do not have the ability to send notifications when new roles get posted. A couple suggestions:
A. At this time, the foundation does not offer fellowship or internship programs. As an organization, the decision was made in 2021 to conclude these programs as they formerly existed. This decision has allowed us to better align our internal resources to the highest and best use of increasing our impact today. We will be taking time to reflect and evaluate how best to rebuild these programs with sufficient resources so they can achieve their outcomes. Thank you for your interest in Gates Fellows and Graduate Associate Interns. We encourage you to check back periodically for future updates.
A. If you’ve forgotten your password, go to the ‘Search for Jobs’ page and from there click ‘Sign In’. Simply click ‘Forgot Password’, submit your email address and you will receive an email with instructions how to reset your password.
- Note: Depending on your email settings, the system-generated email may be filtered to your junk email.
- Due to security issues, we do not have access to your password.
A. We are unable to accept hard copies of resumes or resumes via email. We make every attempt to review all resumes that are submitted for a specific position, and you may check the status of your submission online. Please see above for instructions on this process.
A. We do not set a closing date unless specified.
A. There is no need to reapply for the same role unless requested to. Our system updates the posting date if even a slight change (e.g. word, format, etc.) is made to a role. If the job # remains the same, you are in consideration based on your original application.
A. We typically receive a large volume of applicants per role therefore the time it takes to review applications can vary. We appreciate your patience!
- If your resume indicates a good match with the job description then you will be contacted by a member of our Talent Acquisition team for an initial phone interview.
- Thereafter your initial phone interview, if your skills and background continue to align strongly with the role then we would invite you to speak with the hiring manager.
- The final stage would be an interview with team members (either onsite, phone or video teleconference) depending on location.
A. The interview day generally is a half-day or full-day (depending upon the role) of individual meetings with team members but can vary by process and time per team and position.
- Interviews are typically 45-60-minute Q&A meetings.
- Our goal during interviews is to better understand your skills and capabilities.
- Equally as important, we’d like to learn how you could be a positive contributor to the organizational culture of the Gates Foundation.
A. We are interested in getting to know more about your interest and experience for the role and your passion for the work of the foundation. While no specific prep is required, please feel free to familiarize yourself with our work via www.gatesfoundation.org. If there is other specific pre-work, your recruiter will let you know.
A. Business casual
Visa Sponsorship and Work Authorization
A. Yes, in certain circumstances. We may sponsor visas where appropriate depending on the position and country location. Generally, this would be for senior and leadership level roles in our programmatic teams.
A. Yes, all employees receive competitive salaries and generous benefits packages, reflective of the local practices in that country.